- Syed Ammar al-Hakim hold talks with Saudi King
Head of Supreme Islamic Iraqi Council, Syed Ammar al-Hakim and his delegation on Wednesday returned to Baghdad after visit to the Saudi capital Riyadh.
- Dr Israr passes away
Religious scholar and Ameer of Tanzim-e-Islami Pakistan Dr Israr Ahmed passed away after a protracted illness on Wednesday.
- Iraqi Officials say 9/11-style plot to hijack airlines and fly them into Imam Ali (a.s) Shirine Foiled
BAGHDAD — Iraqi security officials say Iraqi forces have foiled an al-Qaida in Iraq plot for a 9/11-style attack to hijack airlines and fly them into Shrine of Imam Ali (a.s) in holy Najf.
- Top Iraqi Shia cleric warns of returning to square-1
BAGHDAD / Ayatollah Mohammed Taqee al-Modarrisee warned that Iraq could return to square-1 through sectarian civil war.”There are attempts to restore violence,” al-Modarrisee said on Tuesday while addressing a group of his followers in his Hawza in Karbala city.
- Saudi Arabia issues fatwa against terrorism
Increasingly, the moderate elements in Islam are coming to the front, arguing an anti-terror case.
- Islamic Masterpieces In Berlin Exhibition
Berlin’s Martin-Gropius Building is displaying masterpieces of Islamic art, including rare copies of the Holy Qur’an.
- Man in court over mosque attack
A MAN has admitted throwing petrol over a mosque during an attempted arson attack.
- Islamic art museum oldest in Jordan
South Mazar, — A museum of ancient Islamic art in southern Jordan is believed to be the oldest Islamic historical landmark housing a variety of valuable items and works of art, according to its curator.
- North America’s first Muslim MasterCard to launch soon
OTTAWA — A Canadian Islamic financial institution is launching Canada’s first “halal-approved” credit card this month and will also offer it to US Muslims by year end, its president told on Tuesday.
- Muslim woman says McDonald’s denied her a job because of her religion
DETROIT – A Muslim woman from Troy, Mich., filed a bias complaint Tuesday against McDonald’s, saying she was denied a job at a restaurant in Rochester Hills, Mich., because of her religion and ethnicity.
Reading Time: 2 minutes