- Majlis-e-Wahdate Muslameen stages protest demonstrations in Sindh
Protest demonstrations were held in the Sindh Province against the failure of the Government to arrest the terrorists involved in the bomb blast incidents on Ashura and Chehlum-e-Imam Hussain (AS) processions in Karachi add the attack of terrorists on Milad-un-Nabi (PBUH) processions in the country.
- Multiple blasts rock Iraq’s Karbala
Multiple bombing attacks have struck Iraq’s shrine city of Karbala, leaving at least a dozen people killed and tens of others injured
- Saddam’s No 2 urges Arab support for Iraq militants
Iraqi former dictator Saddam Hussein’s number two, fugitive Izzat Ibrahim al-Duri, has urged Arab states to talk to what he called the Iraqi “resistance” instead of the government.
- 100,000 Partake in “Read the Quran, Get Gifts” Plan during Noruz
Over 100,000 children and teenagers took part in the “Read the Quran, Get Eidi (gifts)” during Noruz Holidays, head of the Quran Culture Center said.
- We don’t honor God by allowing 4,500 children to die every day
IIC Chairman Imam Syed Naqvi last Monday joined a panel of Interfaith leaders and US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, Under Secretary of State for Democracy and Global Affairs Maria Otero, Congressman Earl Blumenauer,…..
- Clerics to sensitise Muslim community on female foeticide
Lucknow: From now on while giving a religious discourse from the mosques during prayers, Muslim clerics would also have an important message to give – stop female foeticide, save girl child
- ABVP agitate against AMU in Kishanganj
PATLIPUTRA — Activists of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad were lathicharged by the police and 12 arrested as they staged protest outside the Bihar Assembly against the opening of a branch of Aligarh Muslim University in the state’s Kishanganj district, media reports.
- AMU To Help Students With Religious Counseling
Lucknow: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) will offer religious counseling and spiritual teaching programmes to help students overcome psychological stress. As per sources, the announcement was made by an AMU official on Monday i.e. March 29, 2010.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Mosque committee demands more security
Mumbai: Committee members of Mumbai’s famous Haji Ali mosque, have asked the Maharashtra government to provide better security cover to counter terror threats
Reading Time: 2 minutes