- Shia teacher flogged for reading a religious book
Saudi authorities arrested last week a Saudi Shia teacher in one of Hassa schools and sentenced him for three months detention and 60 flogs.
- Reform in Saudi Arabia is a difficult concept
Reform in Saudi Arabia is a difficult concept: is it an inherently contradictory notion, or do government initiatives really add up to a major policy shift? Whatever the answer to this conundrum, a series of recent developments in the kingdom have certainly altered the domestic mood.
- Ahmadinejad calls for resumption of Umrah Hajj
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for preparing the ground for the resumption of the Umrah Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca.
- Iran, Turkey plan to triple trade volume to $30bn
Iran announces a joint Tehran – Ankara plan to triple bilateral annual trade volume from the current $10 billion to $30 billion in the future.
- Somali pirates seize Turkish ship in Indian Ocean
Suspected Somali pirates have reportedly struck again in the Indian Ocean, hijacking a Turkish ship with 22 crew members.
- In Iran, gas explosion injures three
An explosion at a commercial center in the Iranian city of Karaj has left at least three people injured, causing damages to nearby buildings.
- Shaheed Dr Mohammad Ali Naqvi martyrdom program held in karachi
Martyrdom prolongs the life of the nation; we all should adopt the way of martyrdom said by the Maulana Shabir Raza Bukhari and Maulana Ahmed Iqbal Rizvi in their addresses on 15th martyrdom anniversary program of Dr. Mohammad ali Naqvi Shaheed held at Madinaul Ilm Imam Bargah Karachi organized by Imamians Karachi.
- Muslim board opposes power to police
Lucknow: The All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) will wage a country-wide campaign against the proposed amendments to the Communal Violence Bill which seek to give more powers to men in uniform. The board would bring all Muslim MPs to mobilise opinion on the issue.
- Shia bloc in bid to reform Bahrainâs judicial system
Manama â” The largest parliamentary bloc is pushing for reformation of judicial system through amending and drafting of laws.
- Iran ignores Obama message, dialogue still far off
DUBAI – Iran has shrugged off a second New Year message from U.S. President Barack Obama to Iranians, underlining how far the countries are from starting any meaningful dialogue.