- US drone attacks kill 14 in NW Pakistan
Two US drone attacks on Pakistan’s North Waziristan tribal region have killed at least 14 people and injured a number of others.
- 8,000 flee Nigerian bloodshed
The International Committee of the Red Cross says about 8,000 Nigerians have fled their homes following sectarian clashes that killed over 100 people.
- Jordan turns to Islamic banking
The Jordanian government has borrowed $100 million from the Jordan Islamic Bank, following the successful performance of Islamic banking during the latest global financial crisis.
- FIRST NON-MUSLIM SCHOOL TO SERVE STRICT HALAL FOOD
A SCHOOL has become the first non-Islamic primary in Britain to get strict accreditation for serving Halal food, it emerged yesterday.
- In Pakistan, death toll of attack on US charity hits 7
A US charity organization, World Vision, says militants have killed at least seven of its workers in the troubled northwestern Pakistan.
- Egypt’s Highest Sunni cleric Tantawi, Head of al-Azhar dies in Saudi Arabia + updated
Egyptian religious leader Sheikh Mohamed Sayed Tantawi, the head of al Azhar, has died on a visit to Saudi Arabia, Al Jazeera television reported on Wednesday.
- UN rights body to condemn Swiss ban on minaret
The United Nations Council of Human Rights is intended to condemn a move by Switzerland to impose a ban on the construction of new minarets in the Alpine nation, characterizing the measure as “Islamophobic.”
- Iran urges Germany to end support for terrorists
The German Ambassador to Tehran has been summoned by an Iranian parliamentary committee over Berlin’s decision to release the leader of a Kurdish terrorist group ‘Party for a Free Life in Kurdistan (PJAK).
- Hashimi meets Hakim, tackle post elections
Iraq Vice President Tarek Al Hashimi talked over with the head of Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq Ammar Al Hakim the latest progresses in Iraq especially post elections stage. After visiting Al Hakim, …..
- ‘US might manipulate Iraq election results’
A member of Iraq’s National Alliance (INA) has warned that the US is possibly attempting to manipulate the results of the country’s general elections as the release of the vote tally was postponed again.
Reading Time: 2 minutes