- Islamic Unity Conference Ends
The 23rd International Islamic Unity Conference ended concurrent with the birth anniversary of Prophet of Islam, Mohammad (PBUH) on Thursday, with the announcement of the closing statement.
- Imam Khamenei’s Remarks in Meeting with Senior Government Officials and People from All Walks of Life
The Supreme Leader of Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, has stressed that unity among all Islamic denominations will lead to solving of problems and advancement and progress of the Islamic world.
- Dutch anti-Islam politician creates stir in UK
LONDON (AP) – Anti-fascist demonstrators scuffled with police Friday in a protest against Dutch politician Geert Wilders, who brought his film denouncing Islam and the Quran to Britain’s august House of Lords.
- Basra Tightens Security on Iran Borders Ahead of Elections
Basra, Asharq Al-Awsat – Members of the security apparatus in Basra, Iraq emphasized that precautionary measures are being taken to maintain security and order after members of the security apparatus cast their votes on Thursday.
- Iraqi leaders wind up election campaign
BAGHDAD, (Reuters) – Iraqi politicians made their last pitches to voters on Friday before a parliamentary poll that al Qaeda-linked militants have sworn to derail with violence.
- 14 martyred including 10 shiaâs in Suicide attack on shia convoy at Tal district
A suicide bomber blew-up himself targeting a convoy of Shia travelersâ vehicles near district Tal in front of a petrol pump on Friday, killing 14 persons including four women and four children and injuring 40 others.
- UKâs Brown to face questions over Iraq war
LONDON â” British Prime Minister Gordon Brown arrived Friday to testify at the countryâs inquiry on mistakes made over the Iraq war, a potentially embarrassing session before a looming national election.
- Iranian cleric condemns Rigi sponsors
An Iranian cleric on Friday criticized certain regional countries for “supporting” the leader of the Jundallah terrorist group, Abdolmalek Rigi.