- Majlis renews allegiance with the Imam Khamenei
Some 212 Iranian MPs issued a joint statement on Monday, renewing their allegiance with the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution, Imam Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.
- Swiss minaret ban protested by Students
Hundreds of Libyan students have protested outside the Swiss embassy in Tripoli against a recent referendum on the minaret ban in Switzerland.
- Conference on Shia-Sunni unity starts
Chairman of IRI System Interests Council Ayatollah Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani stressed Tuesday on the necessity of Islamic Ummah’s unity against plots of the hegemonic system.
- Leader: Arrogant powers seek to tarnish Islam
Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has warned against efforts made by arrogant powers to paint an unrealistic picture of Islam.
- Iran to share achievements with Islamic states
Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says Iran is ready to share its scientific and industrial achievements with Islamic countries.
- Taliban cave network found in Pakistan mountains
Pakistan’s army has discovered a complex network of 156 caves used by the Taliban and al-Qaeda dug into rocky mountains close to the Afghan border.
- Saudi Author Wins Prize for Arabic Fiction
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates, (AP) – Organizers of a prestigious Arabic literary award say a Saudi author has won the International Prize for Arabic Fiction for his novel depicting inequalities and power abuses.
- Two killed as Indian Newspaper Sparks Muslim Riots
BANGALORE, India (Reuters) – A curfew was imposed on a southern Indian town on Tuesday after two people were killed when Muslims rioted to protest against a newspaper article they said offended Islam, police said. One of those killed was shot by police, who opened fire as they tried to stop hundreds of Muslims attacking shops and vehicles in Shimoga town, its police chief S. Murugan said.
- Yemen blast kills up to 19, levels apartment block
SANAA – A suspected dynamite blast in the basement of a residential building in Yemen killed up to 19 people as they slept on Tuesday and levelled their apartment block, an official said.
- Outlawed Lashkar-e-Jhangvi top terrorists killed by Armed forces in Kohat
Sources in Kohat Police informed that the government forces were killed 34 Taliban terrorist in the operation against terrorists in Dera Adam Khail in the suburbs of Kohat city.
Reading Time: 2 minutes