- 6.2 magnitude quake hits northern Pakistan
A 6.2 magnitude earthquake rattles northern Pakistan, says the country’s Meteorological Department, noting that the epicenter has been in the Hindu Kush mountain range.
- Int’l Halal Food Exhibit to open in Tehran
Tehran — First International Halal Food Exhibit will be held at Tehran International Trade Fair on March 2-5.
- High-profile US official was waiting for Rigi in Manas Air Base in Kyrgyzstan
Tehran, Independent news sources reported on Saturday that Abdolmalek Rigi, the terrorist who has been arrested by Iranian security forces, had planned to meet with Richard Holbrooke in the Manas Air Base in Kyrgyzstan.
- Muslim Scholars urge for Shia-Sunni unity
On the occasion of the birthday anniversary of the Noblest Messenger of Allah, Hazrat Mohammad (A.S.) and the Week of Shia-Sunni Unity, the sixth conference of Muslim Alims arranged by the Islamic Republic of Iran was held in Damascus, Syria under the title of ‘Role of Islamic Ummah’s Unity in the face of Imperialism’.
- Dr. Sadiq Abba : “Prophet (pbuh) is a symbol of Change” + Pic
He added that Islam is not only confine to daily rituals like prayers, rather, Islam it is a complete way of life and as such bringing about a change to have an Islamic society is a duty bound upon all Muslims pointing out that Change shall exist even if majority of people refused to carry it out.
- Iranian director to make the country’s most expensive movie on Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)
Iranian famous director, Majid Majidi will make the most expensive movie in the history of Iran’s cinema about Prophet Mohammad. The movie with the cost of around 30 million dollars will be the most expensive and ambitious one in Iran’s history.
- Grand Ayatullah Sistani urges Iraq poll neutrality
Grand Ayatullah Sayyed Ali al-Sistani, Iraq’s highest Shia religious authority, has called on his fellow clerics to stay neutral in next month’s general election and refrain from backing candidates.
- Tanzania: Government denies blocking establishment of Kadhi Court
THE Kadhi court issue resurfaced in the National Assembly today and the government maintained that it has never stopped the establishment of the court in the country.
- Talibans: Thugs Or Torch-Bearers Of Islam?
The news of beheading of two Sikh youth in the Peshawar region of Pakistan has not come as a surprise to the world. What more can we expect from a rabid race of Talibanis, born and brought up on the fodder of hate and violence. The news in fact brings to light the hollow rhetoric of the Pakistani establishment when they claim to have contained the menace of Taliban.
- Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani has issued a Fatwa “Vote buying is Haraam”
Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani has issued a Fatwa (religious ruling), declaring vote-buying as Haraam (forbidden) ahead of the country’s parliament elections.