- Nine killed in fierce Mogadishu fighting
Heavy fighting in Mogadishu on Friday between African peacekeepers and Al Qaeda-linked Somali insurgents killed at least nine people, mainly civilians, witnesses and medics said.
- Killer of Muslims executed in Iraq + Pic
Iraq’s government spokesman says Saddam Hussein’s notorious cousin “Chemical Ali” was executed Monday about a week after being sentenced to death for the poison gas attacks that killed more than 5,000 Kurds in 1988.
- Malaysian Muslim fury over pig head insult at mosques
Worshippers found severed heads of pigs at two Malaysian mosques Wednesday.
- Saudis air continue raids despite truce offer
Houthi fighters in Yemen say Saudi air raids continue to strike northern areas of the country even after their leader Abdul Malik al-Houthi called for a ceasefire with Riyadh.
- Pakistan joins war against Shia Houthis in Yemen
Pakistan has reportedly sent an army combat unit to Yemen to join the war against the Shia fighters in the country’s north.
- ‘Israel assassinates top Hamas commander in Dubai’
Israel has assassinated a senior Hamas military commander in Dubai, an official in the Palestinian resistance group says.
- Gunmen murder cleric outside Baghdad mosque
Unidentified armed men have opened fire on a cleric outside a mosque in a Sunni neighborhood of Baghdad, killing him on the spot.
- As London convenes summit, Taliban reveal demands
The Taliban say the 60-nation conference in London on Afghanistan will be a waste of time should it not entirely focus on the departure of foreign forces from the war-torn country.
- Pakistan willing to help Taliban reintegration process
Pakistan’s foreign minister says his country welcomes Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s request for help on reconciling with the Taliban.
- Iran hangs two people in first unrest executions
TEHRAN, (Reuters) – Iran executed two people on Thursday who were sentenced to death in trials that followed the Islamic Republic’s disputed June presidential election which caused bloody opposition protests, Iranian media said.
Reading Time: 1 minute