- Islamic Republic of Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan unite against terrorism
Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran have agreed to work together more closely to strengthen security in the region and combat terrorism.
- Kabul clashes leave 15 dead, 38 injured
At least fifteen people have been killed and 38 others wounded during clashes between Afghan security forces and Taliban militants in Kabul.
- US military-industrial complex sends Gates to India
US Defense Secretary Robert Gates has arrived in New Delhi, looking to forge closer military links with India.
- Two more US soldiers perish in Afghanistan
Two American soldiers have reportedly died in southern Afghanistan in an alleged roadside blast, say the US-led coalition forces.
- At least 45 dead as Sudan tribal wars prevail
New clashes have erupted between two rival tribes in Sudan’s volatile southern region, leaving at least 45 people dead, reports say.
- Egypt’s Brotherhood appoints new leader
The Muslim Brotherhood, the main opposition movement in Egypt, has appointed Mohammed Badie as its new leader.
- 11 civilians killed in battles in Mogadishu
At least eleven civilians have been killed in crossfire between Somali government forces and anti-government fighters in Mogadishu.
- 100s killed in 3 days of communal violence in Nigeria
Nearly 300 people have been killed and hundreds more wounded in three days of clashes between Christians and Muslims in central Nigeria.
- ‘Saudi Wahhabi jets bombard N Yemen, kill dozen Muslim’
Saudi fighter jets keep bombing Houthi positions in northern Yemen along the border the country shares with the oil-rich kingdom, killing more than a dozen people.
- The Big Killer of Muslims in Iraq , ‘Chemical Ali’ sentenced to death
Ali Hassan al-Majid, also known as “Chemical Ali”, has been sentenced to death for ordering the gassing of Kurds in the Iraqi village of Halabja, state television has reported.
Reading Time: 1 minute