- Ayatollah Montazeri passes away
Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri, a leading clerical figure, has passed away at his home in the Iranian holy city of Qom.
- Larijani urges Iraqi groups to foster unity
Iranian Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani has called on the various Iraqi groups to strengthen their unity.
- Hariri and Assad hold ‘fruitful’ talks in Damascus
Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad have held “fruitful” talks.
- 6 killed in clashes between militants in Somalia
Fighting between Al Shabaab and Hizbul Islam fighters near the Somali town of Dhobley close to the Kenyan border has left six militants dead.
- Iran, Iraq agree to clear up oil well misunderstanding
Iran and Iraq have decided to establish an arbitration commission to clear up the misunderstanding between the two countries over an oil well in the border region.
- Al-Maliki: Don’t allow return of dictatorship to Iraq
Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki has urged the people of Iraq and its politicians to refuse the return of dictatorship through elections.
- Imam Hussein’s (AS) Martyrdom Mourned in Norway
A mourning ceremony on martyrdom anniversary of Imam Hussein (AS) was held in four Shia centers of Oslo, Norway.
- Shia Muslims Decry Muharram March Ban in Kashmir
Shia groups staged a march in Srinagar against the government ban on the major mourning processions in the city center, and appealed to the High Court not to allow the administration to “murder” freedom of religion guaranteed by international law.
- Pakistan religious scholars urged to play role for peace in Muharram
RAWALPINDI: The ulema and religious scholars from all schools of thought should come forward and play their role for ensuring peace, fraternity, love and brotherhood among the Muslims during month of Muharram, said Advisor to Punjab Chief Minister Raja Ashfaq Sarwar on Saturday.
- Tehran people slam massacre of Yemen Shias
Shame on Obama the big liar / Wahhabism; the dark point of Islamic world / Tehrani protestors shout slogans while carried placards showed their firm objection of killing innocent women and children by Yemeni government and its collaborators U.S, Saudi.