- Outraged Saudis blast govt after deadly Jeddah flood + Picture of Flood
A Saudi lawyer said on Saturday he will sue the city of Jeddah, as thousands took to Facebook to blast authorities in a rare burst of open outrage after floods killed more than 100 people in the Red Sea port.
- Amnesty International condemns Islamophobic Swiss vote
Amnesty International has expressed deep regret over the Swiss voters’ approval of a ban on minarets, calling it a violation of religious freedom for Muslims.
- Million Shias celebrate Arafat Day in Holy Karbala
Around one million Iraqi Shias celebrated the Arafat day on Friday evening in Karbala….
- ‘S Arabia biggest military spender in Mideast’
World economic downturn has not affected Saudi Arabia’s military ambitions and the country is still the biggest military spender in the Middle East region.
- Brown: Pakistan not tough enough for Al-Qaeda
British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has called on Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari to take tougher action against al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
- Court dismisses Mumbai suspect attorney
The lawyer of the sole surviving gunman of last year’s Mumbai terror attacks has been dismissed over failing to prepare a court document on time.
- Egyptian pilgrims protest in Saudi Arabia
Egyptian pilgrims, forced to sleep on the streets during the annual pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, have demonstrated outside Egypt’s hajj headquarters in Mina.
- Switzerland ban on minarets draws worldwide criticism
Muslims around the globe have condemned Swiss voters’ approval of a ban on minarets as a manifestation of their “hatred of Muslims.”
- ‘Saudi jets pour toxic materials on Yemeni civilians’
Houthi fighters say Saudi forces have intensified their attacks on northern Yemen, using unconventional weapons against civilians in residential areas.
- Pakistani army kills 17 militants in new raid
The Pakistani security forces say they have killed 17 pro-Taliban militants and injured several others in the northwestern Kurram tribal region.
Reading Time: 1 minute