- Anti-Islamic Dutch lawmaker to visit Turkey
Dutch right-wing lawmaker Geert Wilders is among members of a delegation from the Netherlands House of Representatives which will pay a visit to Turkey in early January, the Anatolia news agency reported over the weekend.
- Key Iranian clerical body slams Sana’a for ‘massacre’
A leading Islamic clerical establishment in Iran has condemned the indiscriminate killing of Shia civilians by Yemeni government forces.
- Fresh Reports of UK Iraq Abuse
Iraqi civilians who were detained by British troops during the U.S.-led war have leveled some 33 allegations of rape and abuse against male and female soldiers, Britain’s Ministry of Defense said Saturday.
- New English Translation of Quran Published in London
In order to introduce Quranic teachings to English speakers around the world, Iran’s Cultural Center in Britain has published a new translation of the Holy Quran into English.
- America Officially entered the War against the Shia of Yemen
An agreement was signed between the American and Yemen armies which officially made America a part of the war in the Saada province.
- Mirwaiz rejects attempt to link Kashmiri movement with Taliban
Kashmiri leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq offered to go two steps forward in response if India took one towards resolving the Kashmir issue.
- Shias too oppose Vandemataram
Joining the chorus of supporters of Deoband’s controversial resolution on Vandemataram, the All-India Shia Personal Law Board said Wednesday that it too was against the recital of the national song by Muslims. It, however, said it was not against the recital of the national anthem, Jana Gana Mana, by Muslims.
- 3 Afghan policemen killed in Kandahar
At least three Afghan policemen have been killed and six others wounded in an attack in the southern part of the war-torn country, police officials say.
- Deadly blast hits Pakistan’s Peshawar
A powerful bomb blast has rocked Pakistan’s northwestern city of Peshawar, killing at least five people and injuring 37 others.
- 3 killed, 8 injured in Somali blast
A bomb explosion in Somalia’s North Galkacyo town has left at least three people dead and eight more wounded, causing unrest in a relatively calm neighborhood.
Reading Time: 2 minutes