- France’s ADPI signs deal for holy Karbala airport studies
BAGHDAD, Iraq: To accomplish studies for a future airport in the holy city of Karbala, France’s firm Aeroports de Paris International signed a 28-million-euro (41-million-dollar) contract with Iraqi government this week.
- Arabs, Muslims unity now more imperative than ever, says Khorafi
Kuwaiti National Assembly (parliament) Speaker Jassem Al-Khorafi said on Monday that it is imperative for all Arab and Muslim nations to unite now more than ever.
- Shia Personal Law Board demands reservation
MUMBAI, India: All India Shia Personal Law Board (AISPLB) during its annual session held in New Delhi demanded reservation for the sect in different walks of life.
- Quake injures 700 in southern Iran
A 4.9-magnitude earthquake has left about 700 people injured in the port city of Bandar Abbas and Qeshm island in southern Iran.
- Al-Alam network taken off air by 2 Arab satellites
Al-Alam News Network says two satellites operators based in Egypt and Saudi Arabia have stopped broadcasting the news channel without prior notice.
- 17 killed in train crash in Pakistan
A passenger train has collided with a freight train in Pakistan’s southern port city of Karachi, killing at least 17 people and wounding several others.
- ‘West does not understand Iran’s logic’
Expediency Council Secretary Mohsen Rezaei says the West does not understand the logic behind Iran’s foreign policy.
Reading Time: 1 minute