- Bomber targets military base near Islamabad
As Pakistani troops are reported to be facing tough resistance from militants in Waziristan, a suspected suicide bomber has attacked an air force facility near the capital.
- In Pakistan, car bomb rocks Peshawar
A car bomb has exploded, in a latest incident of violence, in main Pakistani northwestern city of Peshawar, as a wave of militant attacks in the country kills hundreds in October.
- Strong earthquake jolts Pakistan, Afghanistan
A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 6.2 to 6.4 on the Richter scale has rattled neighbor countries Afghanistan and Pakistan, swaying buildings in both Kabul and Islamabad.
- Russia ‘needs to be’ ready for ‘large-scale conflicts’
Secretary of Russia’s National Security Council Nikolai Patrushev says the country should be ready for “large-scale conflicts”.
- Kuwaiti women win passport right
Kuwaiti women have won the right to obtaining their own passport without requiring the consent of their husbands, following a ruling by the country’s highest court.
- Shelling in Somali capital kills 20, wounds 60
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) – Islamic insurgents fired mortars at Somalia’s airport as the president was boarding a plane Thursday, sparking battles that killed at least 20 people.
- Veiled Iranian women suspected of drug smuggling
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) – A group of 10 alleged Iranian drug smugglers, including eight veiled women, were caught with $12.5 million worth of methamphetamines at Indonesia’s main airport, the customs chief said Wednesday.
- Taliban dig in as Pakistani army slowly advances
DERA ISMAIL KHAN — Residents fleeing a nearly week-old Pakistani army offensive in a Taliban stronghold along the Afghan border have reported that the insurgents are digging in for a fight and travel the roads freely.
- Successive Defeats Demoralise Hindutva Camp
MUMBAI – For the Shiv Sena-Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the third successive defeat in assembly elections in Maharashtra has come as a rude shock.
- Violence kills 5 people in Iraq’s Mosul
At least five people have lost their lives and three others suffered injuries in the latest string of terrorist attacks targeting Iraqi people in the volatile northern city of Mosul.
Reading Time: 2 minutes