- Swiss drop sanctions against Muslim businessman
Switzerland has lifted travel restrictions on a Muslim businessman once suspected by the U.S. of links to al-Qaida.
- Two Shia satellite network thresholds to be closed + Sequel
Television networks “al-Zahra” and “al-Mahdi” which broadcasting the thoughts of the Ahlul Bayt (A) are working with some severe financial problems and the threshold are being closed.
- Al-Qaeda under the support of U.S attempts to kill top Iraqi Shia leader
Iraqi security forces have reportedly thwarted an assassination attempt targeting the leader of Iraq’s largest Shia party, Ammar al-Hakim.
- About 4,000 U.S. troops to leave Iraq in October
The United States will withdraw about 4,000 troops from Iraq by the end of October, the U.S. military commander in Iraq said in testimony prepared for a congressional hearing on Wednesday.
- Israeli Professor: Israel could avenge the holocaust by annihilating millions of Germans and other Europeans
An Israeli professor and military historian hinted that Israel could avenge the holocaust by annihilating millions of Germans and other Europeans.
- Officials report 29 Shias martyred in Yemen after clashes
Yemeni media have said that clashes between Shias and radical forces in the southern part of the country have martyred at least 29 Shia soldiers.
- Yemeni troops ‘attack’ refugee camp
Yemeni Shia say government troops have attacked a refugee camp in the northern province of Saada as the army steps up its crackdown on the Shia opposition.
- Iran to Publish Daily for Tanzanian Shias
Among tens of religious publications circulated in Tanzania, Iran is trying to get the license for publishing the first Shia newspaper in Swahili for Tanzanian Shia community.
- Another 13 killed in US drone attacks in Pakistan
Two attacks by US unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) have left at least 13 people dead and more than a dozen injured in in the tribal region of Waziristan in northwestern Pakistan, officials say.
- Armed attack leaves 3 dead in Istanbul
At least three people have lost their lives in an armed attack in Turkey’s largest city, Istanbul, police and medical sources have said.
Reading Time: 2 minutes