- Iran tells IAEA it is building 2nd enrichment plant: diplomats
VIENNA (Reuters) – Iran has informed the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency that it has a second uranium enrichment plant under construction, diplomats told Reuters on Friday.
- Israel’s ex-PM goes on trial on corruption charges
JERUSALEM – Former Israeli leader Ehud Olmert vigorously proclaimed his innocence Friday at a Jerusalem court hearing that marked the first time a current or past Israeli prime minister has stood trial.
- Suspected US drone kills 12 in Pakistan
A suspected U.S. missile strike killed 12 people in northwestern Pakistan, intelligence officials said — the latest in a spate of attacks close to the Afghan border that have squeezed al-Qaida and the Taliban.
- Eleven Iraqi soldiers killed in blasts
MOSUL – Eleven Iraqi soldiers were killed accidentally during what were meant to be controlled explosions in a town outside the northern city of Mosul on Friday, a defence ministry official said.
- Pakistani Taliban stronger than ever: Militant
MIR ALI — Pakistan’s Taliban movement is stronger than ever despite the killing of its top commander and will stage more suicide attacks if the army launches another offensive against it, a top militant told The Associated Press.
- English couple arrested convicted of insulting the Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)
The British police were arrested an English couple as the result of their insult to Muslim women because of her Hijab and ridicule Islam and insulting the Prophet (PBUH).
- Celebration of the oldest photos of Jannat al-Baqi
The oldest photos of Holy Imams Infallibles Jannat al-Baqi cemetery was launched.
- Rafsanjani says minor issues should not cause divisions
Assembly of Experts Chairman Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani said on Tuesday that minor issues should not be allowed to cause greater divisions in the country and announced that a group of good-willed people is drawing up a plan to resolve the disputes that arose after the June 12 presidential election.
- 5 more US troops fall victim to Taliban
The Taliban ambushes and roadside bombs have reportedly killed five more US soldiers in the troubled southern Afghanistan where insurgency has skyrocketed over the past months.
- Iran car crashes kill 28, injure 201 in 1 day
Iran’s 152 traffic accidents on roads across the country have claimed the lives of 28 people and left 201 others injured in the past 24 hours.