- Visitors welcome Ahlul Bayt (A) Worlds Assembly pavilion at Beijing Book Fair + Pic
The Ahlul Bayt (A) Worlds Assembly pavilion welcomed the Chinese visitors, especially Muslims in the sixteenth Beijing International Book Fair.
- Chechen leader urges Muslims to unite against Wahhabism
The president of the Russian North Caucasus republic of Chechnya urged all Muslims on Sunday to unite against Wahhabism, following the martyrdom of a Muslim cleric in the Republic of Karachayevo-Circassia.
- ‘Military strikes cannot halt Iran’s nuclear program’
The director of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) says Iran’s defensive readiness is at such a level that Israel will never be able to attack the Islamic Republic’s nuclear installations.
- Another US soldier charged with murder in Iraq
A US soldier has been charged with murder, following the killing of a civilian contractor on a US base in Iraq.
- Yemen rebels want ceasefire to be monitored
Due to the lack of confidence between the two sides, Zaidi Shia rebels in Yemen have demanded independent observers to monitor the cessation of the government’s five-week-long attack against their positions.
- Militants destroy school in northwest Pakistan
A mixed primary school on the outskirts of Peshawar has been blown up and pro-Taliban militants are the main suspects.
- US troops to retreat from Taliban strongholds
A top US military officer in Afghanistan has ordered his commanders to pull troops out of areas where NATO fought bloody battles with the Taliban over the past months.
- Al-Shabaab vows allegiance to Osama
Somalia’s al-Shabaab group has publicly announced its loyalty to al-Qaeda leader, Osama bin Laden, in a video documentary released recently.
- France raids Iraqi, Afghan asylum-seekers’ camp
Riot police have raided a refugee camp in northern France, detaining nearly 300 asylum-seekers mostly from Afghanistan and Iraq during a dawn operation.
- Somalia fighting kills 8, witnesses say
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) – Witnesses say fighting in Somalia’s capital has killed at least 8 people and wounded 15 after Islamic insurgents attacked an African Union peacekeeping base.
Reading Time: 2 minutes