- Mine blast kills two soldiers in eastern Turkey
At least two Turkish soldiers have been killed and seven others sustained injuries after a remote-controlled mine blew off in the eastern province of Van.
- Yemeni govt. rejects peace initiative
Saana has rejected a plan to end the violence in Yemen proposed by the National Committee for Dialogue, calling on all citizens to stand by the government.
- UK defends bloody rescue of reporter in Afghanistan
As British government comes under fire over bloody raid to free a foreign journalist in Afghanistan, Foreign Secretary David Miliband has defended the mission.
- Iran offers talks, but not on its nuclear program
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – An Iranian proposal made public on Thursday offers wide-ranging talks with the West but is silent about its nuclear program, a mixed message that may undercut any push for further U.N. sanctions on Iran for now.
- Pakistani forces arrest Taliban spokesman in Swat
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) – Pakistani security forces have arrested the spokesman of the Taliban in the Swat valley, the military said on Friday.
- Yemeni tribes kidnap Russian doctor: official
SANAA (Reuters) – Yemeni tribes have kidnapped a Russian doctor in the northeast of the country, an official told Reuters on Friday.
- Taliban presence seen across almost all Afghanistan
SINGAPORE (Reuters) – The Taliban have a significant presence in almost every corner of Afghanistan, data from a policy think tank showed on Thursday, as the country lurches into political uncertainty after a disputed presidential election.
Reading Time: 1 minute