- Kuwait says attack on US base foiled
Kuwait says it has foiled an al-Qaeda-linked plan to attack a US military base and other important facilities in the country.
- 51 US soldiers in Iraq diagnosed with swine flu
Fifty-one American troops in Iraq have been diagnosed with and treated for swine flu, while another 71 soldiers remain in isolation suspected of contracting the potentially deadly virus, the U.S. military said Sunday.
- Russian archaeologists unearth 1000-years mosque in Tatarstan’s Kazan
Russian archaeologists unearthed a 1000-years mosque in Kazan, capital of Tatarstan.
- Swine flu case in Pakistan confirmed
ISLAMABAD: The health ministry on Monday confirmed the country’s first swine flu case but stressed that the patient was in a stable condition.
- Ask the World Community to stop suppress of Saudi Shias
A Saudi writer and analyzer emphasized that World Community especially states and the United Nation should put pressure on Saudi Arabia to stop suppress on liberty of its people and in particular Shias.
- Establishment of Three Shia Satellite Channels in Persian language
The directors of “al-Zahra and al-Mahdi Satellite TV Channels” intend to establish more Shia satellite TV channel with diverse languages in near future.
- Africa – Sudanese Shias celeberate auspicious birthday of Imam Mahdi (pbuh) for the first time
Hundreds of Shias in Sudan participated in auspicious anniversary birthday of Imam Mahdi (pbuh) for the first time.
- US drone attack kills 10 in Pakistan
At least 10 people have been killed and five others injured in a major US drone attack that rocked a tribal area in northwestern Pakistan.
- Taliban raid Afghan gov’t compound
Taliban militants have attacked government and police compounds south of Kabul, the latest episode of a dramatic escalation of pre-poll violence.
- In south Sudan, tribal disputes leave 185 dead
At least 185 people, most of them women and children, have lost their lives in the recent spate of fierce clashes between rival ethnic groups in south Sudan.
Reading Time: 2 minutes