- Security head, 19 killed in Somalia clashes
Clashes between insurgents and UN-backed government forces in Somalia result in the death of 20, including a foreign fighter and a top government security official.
- Maoist rebels ambush Indian police, kill 22
At least 22 Indian police officers have been killed in an ambush by suspected Maoist rebels in the eastern Indian state of Chhattisgarh.
- 5 policemen gunned down in NW Pakistan
Unknown militants have killed at least five policemen in an ambush in the Manshera district of troubled north western Pakistan.
- Saudi Arabia ‘seizes Iranian boats, fishermen’
Saudi Arabia seized three Iranian boats while they were entering its regional waters in the Persian Gulf, a Saudi official has reportedly said.
- Five US troops killed in Afghanistan
Five US Marines have been killed in Afghanistan, four of whom were attacked by a roadside bomb amid mounting insurgent attacks against foreign forces in the country.
- The apologize of German ambassador in Egypt cause of the death
German ambassador in Egypt apologized cause of the racist death of al- Sherbini, Egyptian foreign secretary Ahmad Abolqaiz emphasized.
- Iraqi lawmakers protest draft law that would let some British forces stay
Baghdad: Iraqi lawmakers loyal to Shia cleric Muqtada Al Sadr have walked out of parliament during a debate on a draft law that would let a small group of British forces stay in Iraq.
- Seven killed in Iraq bombings
Seven people were killed and 66 wounded on Saturday in attacks in Iraq, including bombings at a central Baghdad billiards cafe, security officials said.
- Iran gives death penalty to terror cell members
Twelve members of the Jundullah, including the brother of group leader Abdolmalek Rigi, have been sentenced to death over their involvement in a number of terror acts in Iran.
- Saudi authorities close Mosques to prevent Shia to hold Friday prayers
For the third week successively the Saudi security forces put under a siege the mosque of al-Thaqba in al-Khober, a city in Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province .
Reading Time: 2 minutes