- 13 killed in Baghdad market bombing
Iraq’s main motorcycle market was hit by a bombing that killed 13 people and wounded more than 40.
- Lebanese Sunni leader met Shia Hezbollah Chief
Lebanese Sunni leader SaadHariri met overnight with chief of Lebanese Shia group Hezbollah Hasan Nasrallah after over three years of political boycott , on Friday.
- Kirkuk: Shias Demand Protection for Turkmen
In Aftermath of Bombing, Demands for National Unity and Purge of Security Forces
- Militants vow more attacks in Pakistan
Pro-Taliban militants have claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing in Pakistani-controlled Kashmir, vowing fresh attacks on security forces.
- Foreign troops’ death toll rising in Afghanistan
Medical personnel at the US-run Bagram military hospital in Afghanistan say there has been an increase in troop casualties and that they expect more in the coming days.
- Iran election violence “outrageous,” says Obama
TEHRAN (Reuters) – President Barack Obama on Friday praised the bravery of Iranians who protested against a disputed election in the face of “outrageous” violence, while a hardline Iranian cleric called for the execution of leading “rioters.”
- U.S. gives Somalia about 40 tons of weapons
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. government has provided about 40 tons of weapons and ammunition to Somalia’s embattled government in the past six weeks to help it fight Islamist insurgents, a senior U.S. official said on Friday.