- UK to announce Iraq war probe
The British government is expected to announce a probe into the reason’s behind London’s decision to join the 2003 US-led invasion of Iraq.
- Several injured in blast in SW Pakistan
A blast took place in southwestern Pakistan’s Quetta city on Tuesday and several people were injured.
- Turkish police warn mosques against arson attacks after suspect escaped
Turkish police Sunday warned all mosques in Istanbul against arson attacks after the suspect escaped from a mental hospital.
- Several people killed near pro-Moussavi rally
At least seven people were killed in a mass rally staged by supporters of defeated presidential candidate Mir-Hossein Moussavi in Tehran, state radio has reported.
- Turkish soldier, Kurdish rebel killed
A Turkish soldier and a Kurdish separatist rebel have been killed in a gun battle in Hakkari Province in southeast Turkey.
- Iran says ready for partial vote recount
Iran’s Guardian Council says it is prepared to recount disputed ballot boxes as defeated presidential candidate Mir-Hossein Moussavi calls for the annulment of the vote.
- US drone attack kills three more in Pakistan
At least three people have been killed in Pakistan after a US drone fired missiles in South Waziristan agency bordering Afghanistan.
- Afghan intelligence detains Al-Jazeera reporters
Afghanistan’s intelligence agents have reportedly detained two producers working for Doha-based satellite TV channel, Al-Jazeera.
- Leading Reformist figure arrested in Iran
Mohammad-Ali Abtahi, a prominent Reformist figure and advisor to defeated presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, has been arrested after a post-election protest turned violent.
Reading Time: 1 minute