- Rights group calls for EU ban on ethnic profiling against Muslims
A human rights group called on Tuesday for a ban on using ethnic and religious profiling to fight “crime” in Europe after a report found it ineffective, counter-productive and discriminatory.
- Saudi Shias demand better rights in Yemen border area
Minority Shias in Saudi Arabia have asked the Sunni-led authorities to end discrimination in a remote province bordering Yemen, which Saudi Arabia fears could give al Qaeda a staging post for a new campaign.
- Afghan authorities thrown Shia books in river
Provincial authorities in south-western Afghanistan have thrown thousands of books, mainly about Shias or Shia Islam, into a river.
- 700 000 Muslims without a mosque in Athens
Every day over 700 000 Muslims visit the illegal mosques in Athens, where under wretched conditions, as seen on the photo, religious rituals are executed.
- Iraq court condemns 28 Shias to death
An Iraqi court has condemned to death 28 members of a Shias, a judicial official said.
- Pakistan – Muslims anger over Christians blaspheme Holy Quran
A mob of approximately 500 Muslims launched attacks on Christians in the village of Chak, Punjab province, after five local were arrested for blasphemy.
- In Lahore, terrorist attack wreaks devastation
At least twenty-three people have been killed in a suicide car bombing that destroyed a police building in the Pakistani city of Lahore.
- 8 die in Turkish hospital blaze
A blaze believed to have started in the radiology department of a state hospital in Bursa, Turkey has killed eight people in the intensive care unit.
- Expats escape injury in Saudi Arabia bus attack
Gunshots have shattered the rear window of a Saudi Arabian bus carrying five foreigners and a Saudi, but the occupants escaped injury, the Saudi Interior Ministry says.
- Bomber kills ’10 US troops’ in Afghanistan
A suicide bomber rams its explosive-laden vehicle into a US army convoy in north-east of the war-ravaged country, killing ten troops and injuring several others.
Reading Time: 2 minutes