- US to abandon Israel over Iran?
As Israeli threats of war against Iran encounter stiff opposition in the US, the new administration mulls over imposing sanctions on Tel Aviv.
- Afghan soil being used to destabilize Pakistan, Moosavi’s reaction on Chakw`al imambargah terrorism
Strongly condemning a suicide blast during a Majlis-e-Aza in the Markazi Imambargah Chakwal, the Quaid-i-Millat-i-Jafariya Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah Moosavi has termed it the heinous conspiracy of international colonial powers, Hindus and Zionists.
- Israel could lose support of Arab nations against Iran, warns Clinton
US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, on Friday warned Israel against losing the support of Arab nations against Iran if it does not move forward with Palestinian peace talks.
- Tajikistan Suspends Two Christian Aid Groups
Tajikistan’s Justice Ministry has suspended the activities of two aid groups because they were promoting Christianity, ministry official Davlat Sulaimonov told RFE/RL’s Tajik Service.
- 62 countries to take part in Islamic affairs
Participants from 62 countries will attend a meeting of ministers of endowments and Islamic affairs slated to be held in Jeddah on May 23 and 24.
- Roxana Saberi on hunger strike: Report
Iranian-American journalist Roxana Saberi sentenced to eight years of prison for espionage in Tehran has reportedly gone on a hunger strike.
- Iran stops pilgrimages amid Iraq violence
Iran stops pilgrimages to holy shrines close to the Iraqi capital, after four deadly blasts kill up to 150 people, including 63 Iranians.
- Deputy Speaker Legislative Assembly Martyred in Gilgit
As many as two people were killed including a Deputy Speaker Northern Areas Legislative Assembly (NALA) Syed Asad Zaidi while one was injured in a firing incident on a car here in Kashrot area of Gilgit late on Monday, police sources reported.
- First Danish politician attends council meet in hijab
A Danish politician of Palestinian origin became the first woman to attend a local council meeting wearing a hijab (the Muslim veil).
- Egypt Minister Urges Muslims To Visit Jerusalem
The world’s billion-plus Muslims should go on pilgrimage to Jerusalem to show that it is a Muslim city and the future capital of a Palestinian state, an Egyptian minister said.