- AP IMPACT: Secret tally has 87,215 Iraqis dead
Iraq’s government has recorded 87,215 of its citizens killed since 2005 in violence ranging from catastrophic bombings to execution-style slayings,
- Section 144 imposed, ban on public gatherings, pillion riding
After receiving reports of terror activities, Section 144 has been imposed in the province to restrict political public gatherings by the Sindh government while, once again, a ban has been imposed by the government on pillion riding.
- Tablighi ijtema starts today
The two-day annual congregation of the Tablighi Jamaat (TJ) Islamabad will start on the Railways Ground in Sector I-11 today (Saturday).
- Defining Kuwait’s conservatives
During the pre-election period, religious sects gain great political power and suddenly everyone is labeled a HADAS supporter, a Salafi follower or a Shiite devotee, regardless of where their actual political sympathies lay.
- Iraq: Deadly suicide attack targets Shia mosque, 80 Martyred
Two suicide bombers detonated explosives outside a revered Shiite mosque in northern Baghdad Friday morning, Martyred at least 80 people
- Saudi authorities set up a new obstacle around the Jannat ul-Baqi
The Saudi security authorities put new barriers and Surrounded graves of four imams of the Ahl ul Bayt (pbuh) in holy Baqi cemetery to prevent visitors from seeing.
- Turkey, Lebanon arms deal irks Israel
Washington’s reported green light to Turkey to proceed with a large-scale weapons sale to the Lebanese army has irked Israeli echelons.
- Militants attack Peshawar airport
Militants fire rockets on Peshawar airport from an unknown location, while the government has deployed paramilitary troops to the region.
- A photo album of newly rebuilt Askariya shrine
Holy Shrine of Al-Imamayn Ali An-Naqi Al-Hadi and Hassan Al-Askari (peace be on them) has been reopened after its reconstruction. Thousands of visitors began to descend on Holy Shrine.
- Understanding the Sipah-e-Sahaba
Relatively unknown to the West until recently, the Sipah-e-Sahaba is infamous for well-calculated acts of terrorism and intimidation targeted at the Shia population of Pakistan. As Muslims living in the West, it is imperative for us to understand
Reading Time: 2 minutes