- Independent Probe Into ‘Botched’ Terror Raids
An independent review is to be carried out into the case of 12 men who were arrested over a suspected terrorist bomb plot only to be released without charge.
- Hasina to go to Saudi Arabia on her first foreign visit as PM
Dhaka, April 20 (IANS) Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will leave late Monday for Saudi Arabia on her first foreign visit since she took office in January.
- Taliban turn children into live bombs
Intelligence estimates suggest more than 5,000 children have been trained by Taliban for deadly missions
Daily Times Monitor
Haneef Mehsud was a normal teenager
- US may target Iran gasoline imports
American lawmakers have introduced legislation that would redirect US sanctions against Iran to the country’s gasoline imports.
- Suicide bomber kills at least 5 in Iraq mosque
A suicide bomber detonated an explosive vest inside a mosque in central Iraq on Wednesday, killing at least five people and wounding 15, police said.
- Saudi al-Qaeda leader arrested in Iraq
Iraqi security forces have managed to arrest a Saudi citizen who is accused of being a senior al-Qaeda leader, an Iraqi army official said.
- Lebanese Shiite cleric urges dialogue with Jews
Lebanon’s most influential Shiite Muslim cleric renewed his call Monday for a dialogue between Muslims and Jews to promote world peace, while maintaining that Israel should still be confronted for occupying Arab lands.
- Moosavi rejects ‘Justice Law’, says peace and terror being merged by signing accords with terror outfits
The Quaid-i-Millat-i-Jafariya Agha Syed Hamid Ali Shah Moosavi has said the doors of war and conflict are being opened in the garb of justice and fair-play. He said efforts are being made to defame Islam in the pretext of religion, to do politics and to maintain domination of a minority misusing the name of Shariat.
- Indian Muslims should spread Islam by their exemplary characters
“India is a democratic country and its Constitution guarantees every citizen to profess, practice and propagate the religion of his/her choice….
- No room for terrorism and extremism in Islam: British MP
British MP Dr Sadiq Khan Tuesday said that there was no concept of suicide attacks in Islam and urged that the western nations should not club it with terrorism and extremism.