- Syria denies ministerial defections, downplays PM’s exit
Syrian Information Minister Omran al-Zohbi on Monday denied that any of his country’s cabinet ministers had switched sides in the almost 17-month revolt which has swept Syria and downplayed Prime Minister Riad Hijab’s defection.
- Paralyzed Children Born in Iran due to US, British Uranium Bombs in Iraq
TEHRAN (FNA)- Reports coming from Southwestern Iran say the number of paralyzed children born in Ahwaz city has increased due to the Iranian mothers’ inhalation of toxic air contaminated with depleted uranium used in the US and British bombs against people in neighboring Iraq.
- Fifteen Bahraini police face torture charges
Bahrain’s chief prosecutor announced on Monday that 15 police officers will be charged with torturing doctors arrested during the Shiite opposition-led unrest that swept the Gulf kingdom early last year.
- Terrorists Hang Shiite Child after Killing Family Members
TEHRAN (FNA)- Terrorists in Syria hanged a small Shiite child after killing all his family members in Damascus, human rights activists in Iraq unveiled on Monday.
- Blast in Syria TV building injures several
Several people have been injured in an explosion at the Syrian national television station in the capital, Damascus.
- New collective graveyard found south Karbala
First governor deputy disclosed here that a new collective graveyard was found south of the city, containing more than 150 bodies.
- Tens of Saudi Shia protesters hold anti-regime demo in Tarout Island
Protesters have held a demonstration against the repressive regime of Al Saud in Tarout Island of Saudi Arabia.
- Iran rejects claims against abducted Shia pilgrims in Syria
Iran has vehemently dismissed reports by certain Arabic-language news networks that the Iranian pilgrims recently abducted in Syria were military members.
- Syrian prime minister defects, fighting goes on
(Reuters) – Syrian forces pressed on with their offensive against rebels in the largest city Aleppo after the prime minister fled the country, denouncing the “terrorist regime” of Bashar al-Assad.
- Syrian rebels: govenment attack kills 3 Iranian captives
(Reuters) – Syrian rebels said three Iranian captives were killed on Monday during an air attack in Damascus province by government forces, and threatened to kill the remaining Iranians in their custody unless the army stopped its attack.