- Saudi Prominent Shi’a Preacher Passed Away
A Saudi Arabia’s prominent Shia preacher and religious singer [eulogizer], Molla Abdorrasoul Albesare passed away at the age of 68 on Saturday night January 29.
- Dozen of Bahraini protesters injured in clashes with al-Khalifa regime
A dozen protesters in Bahrain have been injured during clashes between regime forces and anti-government demonstrators across the country.
- Iran bill to ban oil sales to EU postponed
Iran’s parliament has postponed a vote on a bill requiring the government to immediately halt crude oil sales to Europe, an Iranian lawmaker said Sunday.
- Iraqi bloc ends parliament boycott over Hashemi warrant
Iraq’s opposition Iraqiyya bloc has decided to end a boycott of parliament, a spokeswoman says, paving the way for talks with other political groups.
- Iran “very optimistic” on nuclear experts’ visit
Iran said on Sunday it was very optimistic over a visit by U.N. nuclear inspectors aimed at shedding light on suspected military aspects of Tehran’s atomic work but suggested Tehran would curb cooperation if the experts became a “tool” for outside powers.
- Bahrain detainees to begin hunger strike
Bahraini detainees and activists convicted for taking part in anti-government demonstrations last year will begin a hunger strike Sunday protesting a new crackdown on demonstrators, a rights group said.
- Fourth Iraq route opened by flydubai
The fourth of the new routes into Iraq by low cost airline flydubai was completed today with the inaugural flight to Najaf.
- Iran, Iraq Agree to Launch Joint Shipping Line
Iran and Iraq reached an agreement on launching a joint shipping line to enhance their marine cooperation, Managing-Director of Iran’s Ports and Maritime Organization (PMO) Seyed Ataollah Sadr announced on Sunday.