- Keep check on Jor Bagh, says CM
Chief minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday directed police commissioner BK Gupta to keep a close eye on developments in Jor Bagh’s Karbala area, where 50 people were injured in a clash on Monday.
- Islamic Fiqh Congress to Be Held in Najaf
A congress on “Islamic Fiqh” is going to be held in the holy city of Najaf in Iraq, provincial governor of Najaf said.
- Pakistani Shi’s Man ‘Nisar Ahmed’ Gunned Down by Wahhabi terrorists in Quetta
The Wahhabi armed terrorists of utlawed Sipah-e-Sahaba and Taliban on Wednesday evening gunned down the Shi’a man Nisar Ahmed, s/o Sardar Muhammadin in Saryab Road of Quetta.
- Iraq okays death for 2009 Baghdad bombings convicts
Baghdad — Iraq’s presidency approved the death penalty on Thursday for 11 men, including Al Qaeda militants, convicted two years ago of being behind devastating attacks against two ministries in 2009.
- Iran warns region against “dangerous” stance on Hormuz
(Reuters) – Iran’s foreign minister warned Arab neighbors on Thursday not to put themselves in a “dangerous position” by aligning themselves too closely with the United States in the escalating dispute over Tehran’s nuclear activity.
- Hundreds of Saudi Shi’as Hold Anti-Regime Demo in Qatif
Hundreds of Saudi Shi’a protesters have taken to the streets in the Qatif region of the Eastern Province, waging yet another protest rally against the ruling Al Saud family.
- Moqtada al-Sadr supporters celebrate U.S. pullout a month later
NAJAF – About 1,000 supporters of firebrand Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, some of whom brandished weapons, took part in a parade in the holy city of Najaf Thursday, taking credit for last month’s U.S. pullout.
- Iraq urges Iran to keep oil flowing from Gulf
BAGHDAD — Iraq on Wednesday urged Iran not to close the strategic Strait of Hormuz, where most oil exports from the Gulf to the West pass, arguing that exporters have an interest in a stable world economy.
- Earthquake hits northeast Iran, 100 injured
(Reuters) – About 100 people were injured when an earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale hit northeastern Iran on Thursday, state television reported.