- Saudi Princess: ‘Our Religious Police Has The Most Dangerous Effect On Society’
Risking her life of comfort and stature by her own admission, Princess Basma Bint Saud Bin Abdul Aziz, a Saudi royal living in London, made bold calls for reform in her country during a wide-ranging interview with the U.K.’s Independent newspaper.
- Bahrain to review military court verdicts
Bahrain says it will set up a judicial panel to review some verdicts a military court issued over anti-government demonstrations led last year by members of the country’s Shia majority.
- Excessive use of tear gas endangers women protesters Bahrain
(WNN) Manama, BAHRAIN: Expressing grave concern about the ongoing violence that has impacted Bahrain with forty-four casualties, the BCHR – Bahrain Center for Human Rights is asking for a stop measure in the use of excessive force on Bahraini citizens and activists, especially the excessive use of tear gas as a hazardous chemical.
- Bahraini teen arrested after speaking with human rights group
An 18-year-old Bahraini man, Hassan Oun, from the Shia town of Samaheej was arrested for a fifth time on Tuesday after speaking at the Bahrain Center for Human Rights, the center’s foreign relations office wrote in an email received by NOW Lebanon.
- ASWJ chief, 3 others booked in Shia leader’s murder case
KARACHI: Chief of Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ) Aurangzaib Farooqui and three others were booked in the murder case of Shia leader Askari Raza, while SSP Anti-Extremist Cell (AEC) Chaudhry Aslam also came under interrogation.
- Bahrain commission head to stay
MANAMA – The chairman of Bahrain’s national commission formed last year to implement the recommendations of the Bahrain Independent Commission for Inquiry has reconsidered his decision to resign.
- Imam Ali (AS) International Award to Be Presented as Part of Najaf Plan
The custodianship of Imam Ali (AS) mausoleum has various programs for commemorating the selection of Najaf as the Cultural Capital of the Islamic World in 2012.
- “Shia Medicine, Precious Heritage of Islam” published
A mixture of science and religion, the latest book by Sobhane Noor Publication sheds light on Islamic medication with a special focus on Shia physic.
- Iran: Halal Research Center to Be Launched
Approved by the Iran’s Promotion Council of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education, Halal Research Center is to be inaugurated soon to control the legitimacy of the imported nutritional, hygienic, and cosmetic goods.
- Saudi Wahhabi Police Arrested Shi’a Citizen Shah Ali Al Shokan
On 2 January, members of the General Intelligence (Al-Mabahith Al-‘Aamma) raided the house of the Shi’a citizen (Ali Al Shokan) in Tarout Island, and arrested his youngster son (Shah Ali Al Shokan) under the pretext of taking part in peaceful demonstrations taking place in the city of Qatif .