- Nimeh Sha’ban Celebrated in Ghana
On the occasion of Mid Sha’ban, the birth anniversary of Imam Mahdi (may God hasten his reappearance), a ceremony was held on July 17 at Hazrat Rasul Mosque in Accra, Ghana’s capital.
- Syria army seizes ‘men and weapons’ in Homs
DAMASCUS — Syrian troops swept through the central city of Homs, arresting “armed men” and confiscating “stockpiles of weapons,” the pro-government Al-Watan newspaper said on Wednesday.
- “Awaiting the Deliverance” Seminar in England 2011
The Islamic Centre of England is organizing a seminar to commemorate the birth anniversary of our awaited savior, Imam Mahdi (atfs); under the general topic of “Awaiting the Deliverance”.
- Over 2 mm expected to visit Tehran inl Quran exhibition
Deputy of Qur’an Affairs in the Organization for Culture and Islamic Guidance said more than two million people are expected to visit Tehran international Qur’an exhibition.
- Egypt to hold landmark vote in three stages
CAIRO – Parliamentary elections to smooth Egypt’s transition from military to civilian rule will take place in stages to make it easier for monitors to oversee voting, an army general said on Wednesday.
- More Than 5 Million Pilgrims Have Completed Their Rituals in the Mid-Shaban Visitation in Karbala + Pic
With the blessings of Imam Mahdi (may God hasten his reappearance) and according to approximate statistics, more than 5 million pilgrims has completed their rituals of the Mid-Sha’ban visitation witnessed by the holy city of Karbala on Saturday night and Sunday, 15 Shaban 1432 AH, corresponding to July 17, 2011 AD.
- Iraqi Shiite Sadrist MP condemns U.S. air attacks on Missan
A Legislature of the Shiite Sadrist al-Ahrar (Liberals) Bloc have condemned the U.S. air raids on areas of southern Iraq’s Missan Province on Monday and Tuesday.
- European rights official attacks burqa bans
Banning the burqa and niqab in public places threatens to exclude women, not liberate them, a top European human rights official said on Wednesday.
- German Police Trains Saudi Intelligence Agency
Germany’s federal police are also involved in training Saudi secret service officers, according to German public broadcaster ARD.
- Anti-regime demos in Bahrain
The Bahraini people have staged anti-regime demonstrations in a number of Bahraini cities.