- Nine killed in fierce Mogadishu fighting
Heavy fighting in Mogadishu on Friday between African peacekeepers and Al Qaeda-linked Somali insurgents killed at least nine people, mainly civilians, witnesses and medics said.
- Killer of Muslims executed in Iraq + Pic
Iraq’s government spokesman says Saddam Hussein’s notorious cousin “Chemical Ali” was executed Monday about a week after being sentenced to death for the poison gas attacks that killed more than 5,000 Kurds in 1988.
- Malaysian Muslim fury over pig head insult at mosques
Worshippers found severed heads of pigs at two Malaysian mosques Wednesday.
- Saudis air continue raids despite truce offer
Houthi fighters in Yemen say Saudi air raids continue to strike northern areas of the country even after their leader Abdul Malik al-Houthi called for a ceasefire with Riyadh.
- Pakistan joins war against Shia Houthis in Yemen
Pakistan has reportedly sent an army combat unit to Yemen to join the war against the Shia fighters in the country’s north.
- ‘Israel assassinates top Hamas commander in Dubai’
Israel has assassinated a senior Hamas military commander in Dubai, an official in the Palestinian resistance group says.
- Gunmen murder cleric outside Baghdad mosque
Unidentified armed men have opened fire on a cleric outside a mosque in a Sunni neighborhood of Baghdad, killing him on the spot.
- As London convenes summit, Taliban reveal demands
The Taliban say the 60-nation conference in London on Afghanistan will be a waste of time should it not entirely focus on the departure of foreign forces from the war-torn country.
- Pakistan willing to help Taliban reintegration process
Pakistan’s foreign minister says his country welcomes Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s request for help on reconciling with the Taliban.
- Iran hangs two people in first unrest executions
TEHRAN, (Reuters) – Iran executed two people on Thursday who were sentenced to death in trials that followed the Islamic Republic’s disputed June presidential election which caused bloody opposition protests, Iranian media said.