- Holy Kaaba washed
Governor of Makkah Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, on behalf of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah, washed the Kaaba on Saturday.
- Man trying to kill Danish cartoonist detained
Danish police have arrested a Somali man who was allegedly trying to break into the home of a cartoonist whose 2005 caricatures of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) outraged Muslims.
- 78,000 Iraqi families return home – Iraqi minister
BAGHDAD : Iraqi Minister of Displacement & Migration Abdulsamad Sultan said on Saturday that 78,000 families returned to their original homes during the past couple of years.
- Imam Musa Sadr’s Quran Exegesis to Be Published
A series of works by Imam Musa Sadr featuring interpretation of the holy Quran will be published in 5 volumes.
- Suicide attack kills some 70 people in Pakistan: police
A suicide bomber blew his explosives-packed car in a playground in Pakistan’s northwest Friday killing nearly 70 people, a regional police officer said.
- Lebanon’s top Shia cleric Slams Those Who Pretend to Forget Israeli Threats
Lebanon’s top Shia cleric Grand Ayatollah Sayyed Mohammed Hussein Fadlallah said on Friday that the real problem in Lebanon was “the presence of a team that pretends to have forgotten” about Israeli threats.
- Saudi jets pound northern Yemen
The Houthi Shia fighters in Yemen say Saudi warplanes have carried out several airstrikes on the country’s beleaguered northern areas, leaving a child dead.
- Ashura mourning in one of the coldest place in the world
KARGIL: The procession of Ashura was held with full zeal and zest by all the people of Kargil. The participants recited Nohay and did chest beating. The 10th Muharram procession organized by Imam Khomanei Memorial Trust (IKMT) Kargil held at Public Park where IKMT had established procession terminus.
- Hindus join three-century-long Azadari in India
ORISSA, India: Hundreds of Hindus demonstrating communal harmony joined Ashura Muharram processions on Monday December 28 in Orissa as part of their years-long tradition.
- Pakistani Shias observed brutally killing of Shohada-e-Ashura in Karachi+ Pic
The collective Soyem of Shohada-e-Ashura (Karachi) was held here near Masjid-e-Khurasan ,Britto road ,on the night of 13 th of Moharram 1431 A.H .