- Egypt to try 26 for alleged Hezbollah ties
A group with alleged links to the Lebanese Hezbollah movement is to be tried in an Egyptian security court on charges of terrorism and espionage.
- Market blast kills 5, injures 19 Afghans
At least five people have been killed and nineteen others injured in an explosion at a market in the restive southern Afghanistan.
- Gunmen kill 5 Pakistani police officers
Unidentified gunmen have reportedly killed five security agents, including a local commander, in Pakistan’s southwestern Balochistan province.
- In kingdom, Saudi prince’s coup ‘fails’
Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the kingdom’s former ambassador to the United States, is reportedly under house arrest over a conspiracy against the monarch.
- NIGERIA: Shia Students protest in Abuja
Members of Academic Forum of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria Protest for the Release of Jailed brothers.
- Amnesty: Turkey must make reforms on freedom of hijab
Amnesty International said Turkey should continue to make reforms especially on pluralism, freedom of expression and judicial independence.
- Kyrgyzstan Shias Honor Shaban Idds
Kyrgyzstan Shia Muslims celebrate the auspicious occasions of the anniversary birthdays of Imam Hussain, Hazrat Abulfazl Abbas and Imam Zain ul-Abidin (peace be up on them).
- 21,000 soldiers to safeguard Iraqi Shia religious festival
More than 21,000 Iraqi soldiers will provide security for Shia Muslims gathering in the city of Karbala in the coming days, a senior military officer said Monday.
- Seven killed, 40 injured in Iraq bomb blasts
A string of bomb attacks in various parts of Iraq has killed at least seven people, including a policeman and two soldiers, while leaving more than 40 others injured.