- Sri Lankan Shia Muslims to Celebrate Imam Mahdi’s Birthday
Sri Lankan Shia Muslims are to hold a ceremony in the capital city of Colombo on August 7 to commemorate the birthday anniversary of Imam Mahdi (may God hasten his glad advent).
- Saudi authorities arrests five Shias in Al-Ahsa
Saudi security authorities in a sectarian oppression have arrested five Shias on Friday in al-Ahsa, because of their participation in religious ceremony.
- Egyptian Newspaper: Imam Ali (a.s) belongs to Sunnis not Shias
Egyptian weekly Al Fajr released an article in its latest publication that Imam Ali (pbuh) doubtlessly belong to Sunni Muslims, thus why Shia Muslims think Imam Ali (a.s) is their Imam?
- Grand Ayatollah Sistani Emphasizes National Unity
Iraq’s senior-most religious authority, Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Sistani, called on all Iraqi groups on Saturday to maintain unity for the sake of country’s progress.
- Muslim woman says racist Oz driver asked her to ‘take off veil’
An Australian bus driver has been accused of racism after he allegedly told a Muslim woman to take off her headscarf because it was against the law to wear it on board.
- US Study: new wave of Wahhabism guidance from Saudi Interior Minister
According to a research by an Islamic Center in United State, Saudi Interior Minister attempts to reform problems by forming a new wave of Wahhabism in the country.
- Iraqi personalities criticize anti-Shia Verdicts issued by Saudi clerics
Number of Iraqi personalities Criticized Takfiri Fatwas (Excommunicative verdicts) issued by Saudi clerics in the expansion of the cycle of violence in Iraq.
- Shia Adhan (Islamic call to prayer ÇÐÇä) eliminates in Iraq Media
Director of Al-Iraqiya satellite channel expressed that the Adhan of Shia would be omitted after the order of Iraq’s Prime Minister Office under the request of Saudi Arabia.
- Pakistan puts Taliban war on hold amid secret talks
Pakistan has temporarily shelved its plans to push into militant havens in Waziristan amid reports of secret talks between Taliban warlord Baitullah Mehsud and the Pakistani army.