- Swine flu makes way into Israeli parliament
A Knesset (Israel’s parliament) member has reportedly contracted A/H1N1, a virus which has already affected some 21,940 individuals in 69 countries across the globe.
- Iraq detains 5 suspects for killing American
Five US citizens have been detained by Iraqi security forces on suspicion of murdering a fellow American contractor.
- Israeli soldiers kill four Gazans
Israeli soldiers have shot dead four Palestinians at Israel’s border with the southern Gaza Strip, Israel’s military declares.
- NATO soldier, 2 civilians killed in Afghanistan
The US-led war in Afghanistan has claimed the lives of one coalition soldier, four police officers and two civilians in the country’s volatile south.
- Baghdad blast kills seven, wounds 24: police
A bomb attached to a minibus killed seven people and wounded 24 others at a bus terminal in southern Baghdad on Monday, police said.