- Grand Ayatollah Mohammad-Taqi Bahjat passes away
According to AhlulBAyt News agency â”ABNA- Grand Ayatollah Bahjat passed away at the age of 96 at the Vali-e-Asr Hospital in the city of Qom on Sunday.
- Anti-Shia Books Seized in Iraq
The Iraqi police stopped Friday afternoon at Jordanian border a truck carrying anti-Shia books.
- Saudi Shias declare Independence: “The Republic of Eastern Arabia”
“We will demand our dignity be restored in all permissible ways…. If it comes down to it … we will call for seceding from this nation,” Sheikh Nimr Baqir al-Namr claimed.
- While Islam promises peace, rogue Sheik preaches war
I believe one of the problems of the Islamic world is having such irresponsible sheiks who simply neglect the core of Islam and its peaceful message. Islam is bigger than killing innocent people. Its the religion of love and peace not blood and death.
- Bomb attacks kill 2 policemen in Mosul
Two Iraqi policemen have been killed and three civilians wounded in two separate bomb attacks in the northern city of Mosul, police say.
- Turkey refutes Israel’s anti-Syria peace claims
Turkish President Abdullah Gul has dismissed Israeli claims that Syria does not want peace to be established in the Middle East.
- Lebanon arrests 13th Israeli spy in 2 months
Lebanese troops have detained another suspected Israeli spy in the eastern Bekaa valley as Beirut pushes ahead with a campaign to end Israeli espionage in the country.
- Taliban hit police in the south
At least twelve Afghan policemen have lost their lives and three others have sustained wounds in three separate attacks in volatile southern Afghanistan.
- Suicide attacks are un-Islamic: Pakistani religious authorities
Leading Ulema of the country declared on Sunday that suicide attacks and beheading of people were âun-Islamicâ acts and said that militants in Swat and Fata were pursuing the agenda of Pakistanâs enemies.
- Hakim seeks cancer care in Iran
Head of Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council (SIIC) Abdulaziz Hakim has been hospitalized in a Tehran hospital to continue his medical treatment for his lung cancer.